Keto Protein Churro Pancakes (Vegan-Friendly!)
Churros are perfect for dessert and pancakes are perfect for breakfast. But what if we put them together? We've got the perfect Protein Churro Pancakes recipe for you that is keto and can be made vegan! Read more to find out how to do it:
- 2 scoops Muscle Protein Whey Protein
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 tbsp almond milk or water
- butter, cooking spray, or coconut oil (to grease the pan)
- 2 tbsp of preferred sweetener (xylitol, erythritol or stevia for example
- 2 tbsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of stevia and 1/2 cup of cinnamon for dusting
To make this vegan, use our 2 scoops of Muscle Protein Vegan Protein - Platinum and 2 tbsp of chia seeds and 6 tbsp of water.
- For a non-vegan pancake recipe, mix the eggs, baking powder, Muscle Protein Whey Protein, milk or water, preferred sweetener and cinnamon in a large bowl. For a vegan pancake recipe, mix the chia seeds and water and let it sit for 10-15 minutes until it turns into a gel like consistency. Then mix the chia seed gel, baking powder, Muscle Protein Vegan Protein - Platinum, milk or water, preferred sweetener and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Place a non-stick pan onto a stove and grease with butter, cooking spray or coconut oil and let it melt.
- Use a consistent amount to get the pancake batter onto the pan (for example, 1/2 cup or 1/3 cup). When the mixture starts bubbling, then you can flip to the other side.
- Mix the stevia and cinnamon together and put onto a plate. Place a cooked pancake onto the mixture and coat the dusting on both sides.
- If you'd like to add keto toppings, melt some sugar-free dark chocolate or berries.
Try out our recipe with Muscle Protein today!